Most Triumphs qualify for the "Special Interest Vehicle Concession" with the Queensland Government Department of Transport. There are limitations as to which types of vehicles qualify for concessional registration and where and when the vehicle can be used.
To qualify for the Special Interest Vehicle Concession:
- The vehicle must be at least 30 years old.
- You must be a member of an incorporated car club or association eg TSOAQ
- The Vehicle must be in original condition
- Have a certificate issued by the dating officer of the TSOAQ authenticating its condition and year of manufacture
Note : Vehicles fitted with a modification plate, code LH10 are not eligible for a special interest vehicle concession.
Vehicles with Special Interest Vehicle Concession Registration can only be driven under the following situations.
- Participating in rallies organised by incorporated car clubs.
- Participating in processions for which a Special Events Permit has been issued.
- Travel in order to have the vehicle repaired.
- Road testing within a 15 kilometre radius from the place where the vehicle is garaged.
||This is only a brief extract of the Queensland Government, Department of Transport conditions and requirements of "Tthe special interest vehicle scheme". More information can be found on the QLD Govenmrnt web site here